These projects are done in my free time and some of them are as old as 15 years. Only some work projects and freelance projects are listed here. Please contact me for more details.
- This is a finance project made using VueJS/Serverless. This project helped me really delve deep into AWS and get to use many AWS services like Cognito, CloudWatch, CloudFront, S3, API Gateway/Lambda, and DynamoDB among other things.
- Developled this WP site within a month since the client had to move to a new site by graduation. This site perfectly captures the clients needs. They wanted a simple and minimalistic site with only the essential information categorized into different pages. They wanted the site to be fast-loading and to the point. I used Isotope.js to achieve the course filter. It turned out pretty well.
- This little site is something I enjoyed developing. I like it turned out, everything from the fade-in effect to how fast the site is. I refused to use much plugins — I even hand-wrote the cart functionality instead of using woocommerce. Since there isn’t any checkout process, it was okay to create a cart functionality just using php. The site was fast enough to not make the cart functions AJAX.
Reliance Builder - WordPress site
- Created this from scratch on WordPress. Although I don’t care for WordPress as a skill, I do like the ease at which you can spin up web sites. I made this using the Understrap Minimal Skeleton.e
Reliance Home Comfort - Infrastructure
- I got my first exposure to Serverless architecture from this project. I wrote the localization logic using AWS [email protected] I also helped setup this as a High Availability site on AWS. Apart from the backend programming, I also developed new templates for this, one of which you can see here
[HouseTheGTHA] - beta.housethegtha DOT ca
- One of many client projects. I have removed the direct link on purpose as we don’t want it to be indexed yet. I created this from scratch as a prototype. Built on WordPress in a few days. I used minimal plugins to keep the site clean and fast.
dhayalan.com - Hugo site
- I wanted to list this site here as I had to use some non-conventional tools to develop this site. I wanted to keep repetition to a minimum and also wanted to be able render super fast and save on hosting. So I looked for static site builders. I came across Jekyll but it was built on Ruby and I didn’t like that. So I went with Hugo. Setup was super easy and customized a template theme to my liking. Removed all the bloat and made it get a score of 99 on Google SpeedInsight. I am hosting it on Firebase for free hosting. So far, it has been a breeze creating and updating content. I just have to implement CI/CD with Gitlab to compile and deploy to firebase instead of doing it manually on my machine.
- Previous attempt at creating a simple and minimalistic website for myself.
- Not very proud about this one cuz I used an HTML boilerplate and there is no dynamic anything on the site. But I love how it came out in the few hours it took for me put this together. As I am using Github pages to host this, it is also super easy to CRUD.
Simple Sketch - Android Application
- I got tired of feature-rich and slow note-taking apps that require whole bunch of permissions to run. So, I made my own simple app to draw and save hand-drawn notes. The only permission it requires is the access to Storage to save the created note. Not even a permission to connect to Internet is required, and it loads super fast.
Chrome Sound Effects - Chrome extension
- Add sounds to events triggered by user in Chrome, like switching tabs, etc. They can be manually disabled.
Change all UI fonts - Chrome extension
- Changes all the font-faces on all the web sites to a user given local font. Enter your desired font in the options by clicking the extension icon.
Weather app - Progressive Web App
- Made this on a Google Developer workshop called Progressive Web Apps. I used Service workers to do the updates and show cache data while offline.
Google Search Widget - Native Windows Application
- Type text and hit enter to search that text.
Oscar Winner Finder - Simple PHP App (too simple to link)
- Used PHP and MySQL to implement a simple search function to retrieve the title, year and Rotten Tomatoes score of the Academic Award-winning feature films.
- Thiruvalluvar wrote this classic Tamil sangam literature, consisting of 1330 couplets or Kurals, sometime between the third and first centuries BCE. Thirukural gives the layman ideas about how s/he can improve their life and that of others. The work is similar to that of Socrates and Plato, but this guy showered everyday (unlike Socrates) and had a cooler beard. I came across this compilation some time ago and made a copy/backup for myself. Thanks to all those who help compile this timeless piece of writing.
- This links to an old “website” I had built about 15 years ago. Imagine a kid, 15 years old, recently discovered Visual Basic, has no access to internet at home, but managed to find a Visual Basic text book at the library, has nothing else to do on the computer except a bootlegged CD copy of Visual Basic 6.0. That kid tried every single example from the book, and used all the system libraries available to trigger system changes via his code. He made little programs that did minute simple tasks that we take for granted in current age. That kid made installers for each little program he made and developed a simple HTML site (of course with iframes for navigation menu) and published using one of those free hosting companies which litter your site countless ads. And of course, he added a ‘site visitor counter’ at the footer and made sure to check it every now and then to see if new visitors came to the site.
- A simple photo curation web service. What is special about this service is that it’s designed to present user photos in a Timeline view. The algorithm extracts EXIF data from the uploaded photos and creates the Timeline by itself without user interaction. Just view one example.
- A Twitter-like public chat engine, very simple implementation using Perl and php.
Stuff I modified from other sites:
** UNDER CONSTRUCTION – more on the way